SEOUL International Women’s Film Festival is a unique and influential event presenting new values and the alternatives from a feminist perspective among Korean international film festivals. The festival contributes to the development of women’s positive values and plays an essential role establishing a network between Asian and the other countries. SIWFF provides the ways to promote and exhibit Korean women’s films abroad by discovering and supporting women in film industry. It also helps Korean film industry develop and have diversity. Forming future-oriented, alternative culture, SIWFF contributes to the development of the balanced Korea culture to improve Korean national image.
Polemics: Comfort Women - Memory, Commemoration and Films
Asian Short Film&Video Competition (Competition)
Documentary Ock Rang Award (Special Screenings)
Barrier-free Special Screening
A Woman Judge, 1962 X 2016
1) The following prizes shall be attributed:
- Grand Prize:
A Cash award of 10,000,000 won (approx. USD 9000) and the certificate of award to the best short film or video
- First Prize:
Two cash awards of 5,000,000 won (approx. USD 4500) and the certificate of award each to the outstanding short films or videos.
- People’s Choice Award
The certificate of award to the short film or video chosen by the audience.
2) Grand Prize and First Prize are selected by the festival jury and People’s Choice Award is selected by the audience during the festival.
The 18thSEOUL International Women’s Film Festival
1) SIWFF presents any type of film and video (fiction, documentary, animation, experimental).
2) The director of the film or video must be female whose national or ethnical identity is Asian.
3) Film must be completed after -
4) Film formats and video systems are as follows :
- Film: 35mm
- Video: HD, Digital betacam, Betacam, 6mm digital (NTSC only)
5) Films and videos must not exceed 40 minutes in length.
Pitch & Catch
This program will run with two sections; a narrative film section aiming to find topics for potential narrative film projects and a documentary film section aiming to rear talented women documentary directors. All the selected projects, in the meanwhile, will benefit from direct business meeting opportunities with film industry people.
1) Grand Prize : 10 million KRW for a best project of Feature Film Pitch&Catch
2) Seoul Women Vision Award : 10 million KRW for a project to Feature Film Pitch&Catch
1) Documentrary Ock Rang Award : 15 million KRW for a best project of Documentary Film Pitch&Catch
2) Audience Award
SIWFF 2016:Korean Film Line Up